Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
At A Glance
This counselling course is for candidates who want to take the next step in training to be a counsellor, having already gained a level 2 counselling skills certificate (or equivalent)
Need to have completed a Level 2 counselling skills training or equivalent (at least 75 guided learning hours) and be 19 years old.
90 guided learning hours.
Evening class or fast track options available.
Fees from £750 (instalments available).
Next Evening Course
September 2020 on Wednesday Evenings
Next Fast Track Course
Plymouth Tuesdays starting March 2021
14 Places Available
This course is taught in an experiential way and combines practical skills with theory.
There will be tutor led discussions and the chance for you to practice applying new theories and concpets to your practice in peer to peer skills practice sessions.
The course takes a humanistic approach and it explores Gestalt, Person Centred, CBT and Transpersonal ways of working with clients. The aim is to equip you with a range of theories, skills and techniques that you can use in an ethical and effective way whilst preparing you with a solid foundation for Level 4.
This course will teach you to:-
• Work within an ethical framework for counselling.
• Understand the counselling relationship.
• Understand difference and diversity issues to develop empathic understanding.
• Work within a user-centred approach to counselling.
• Use counselling theory to develop self-awareness in counselling practice.
• Understand theories of counselling and mental health.
• Use feedback, reflection and supervision to support counselling studies.
For funding details for this course click here